Friday, February 20, 2015

the time traveller's wife

As is my wont, I am reading The Time Traveller's Wife about ten years after its hype is over. You might not have heard this, but it's really good.

Heh, no, I'm sure you know how good it is, you probably read it then, along with everyone else. What a writer. I can't imagine having an idea this inventive and complex, and being able to follow it through so well, not to mention so bravely. It's a book with a punch. And I've only just got my period today, and I've been reading the ... well. Some difficult bits. Just in case some other silly individual hasn't read it yet, I won't spoiler it. But its intensity is humbling.

My story ideas are mostly three lines long. I'm inventive - somtimes instantly, creatively, mostly amusingly inventive. My brain does jump to stories, just only in the very, very short term. I wish there was more of a market for flash fiction in the world.

Anyway, Audrey Niffenegger. Has she written more? Is it as good? 

No comments: