Saturday, March 21, 2015

I bought a camelia plant

I bought  a red one, then saw white buds and thought it was white, but this morning, on peering at the biggest bud, I see read showing through. Sooon! I'm excited. The last one I bought died quite fast; cold or slugs or my tender ministrations, who knows? But I hope to have garden magic of my own soon.

Christ, I marvel at all the people who lovingly record all their Moments of Joy and Beauty. I'd like to share a pic of my plant, but I don't know where the charger for my extremly crappy camera is. Defeated before I start. I was going to wait til I found it, but that may not happen for some time, til I'm looking for something else.




4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Do you know what variety it is? If you do, you could google-image that and show us what its bloom is like. I would love to see it.

Jo said...

I'll get a pic of mine, don't worry!

Mwa said...

When I record "moments of joy and beauty," it is often more of a strenuous attempt at willing more joy and beauty into my life. Sometimes the photos come first, and the joy follows.

I love your typo: the "read" showing through. I find it very philosophical and charming. I hope you don't change it.

Jo said...

Hah, ok :) I'm so terrible at proofing blog posts.